Thursday, June 5, 2008

In London

I arrived in London on 27.5.08 at about 4.08 as scheduled but by the time I check out, it was almost 5.15pm. Jon came to fetch me. Took about an hour to reach his home. Traffic was ok compared to our traffic back home at that particular hour. Altho the roads were narrow the traffic flows very smoothly cos all the cars follow their lanes unlike M'sia where some suka suka cut lanes.

Finally able to see the little sweetheart with big big eyes. So adorable. She is one person who lives up to the name:- a hungry girl is an angry girl. Nothing and no one can stop her cries except the bottle or her mummy's tits. She sure knows her rights. hehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am totally lost in other people's house. Don't know where their things are kept. Can't find sesame oil, cornflour, tomatoe sauce and used the salt they use to wash veg for soup. Cooking for Wendy is no problem cos she eats anything whether nice or not. But I also have to cook for her father-in-law. Considered him very nice to accomodate me and Jan n baby who was here a month earlier. BUT when it comes to food he is sooooooooooo fussy. He does not eat chicken any other style except fried or roast. Does not take eggs, ginger, prawns, shrimps and even pork. Nor does he takes spicy food. I feel very bad if and when he takes only a bowl of rice cos his nornal intake is two bowls. He practically eats only the vegetables and he ALWAYS buy two types only. So the lunch or dinner is always the same. Anyway, I have tried my best to cook to suit him cos we are staying in his home. His freezer is always full with chicken drumsticks and wings, pork and ribs. But there are not much spices around. Well I can understand cos he is a Vietnanmese. His food is totally different from ours (m'sians). He does not cook while I am around (so far) except did roast chicken drumsticks 2xs but he did most of the marketing. {Oops!! just found out that he is NOT a Vietnamese. He moved from China to Vietnam but he is 100% chinese}

One thing I must salute to him is that he is very tidy and clean. Water for drinking and boiling soup must be double filtered and preboiled and all plates and chopsticks/spoons must be rinsed in boiling water before use.

As I get up quite early, normally I wud prepare the ingredients for lunch and dinner and place them back in the fridge and then I have time to laze around for a bit while waiting for the princess and her parents to get up. When she does, I will help get the bottles sterilized while her mom attend to her needs.

This weekend will be the full moon. Both Wendy and I are just waiting to go shopping a bit and of course not forgetting my visit to the orchard. I pray I am able to harvest cherries (my dream). Initially when I shop for some groceries at Sainsbury's, things were so cheap. Most items that I bought were less than £3.00. The total came to about £14.00 - three bags full BUT when converted to RM it is RM90.00. Went to china town with Jon and bought a durian. It cost £16.00 and that is almost RM100.00 . They say that durian is good for confinement woman so I bought for Wendy but that after eating, she had a bad attack of gallstones. Poor child. Was sent to hospital by ambulance. NO DURIANS FROM NOW TILL SHE HAVE IT REMOVED.

Counting the days for my visit to the orchard.

No comments: