Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Perfect family

When I was young, I go to loads of movies with my mom.

Some of the shows I remembered has very good stories, like loving understanding husband, nice and accomodative parents-in-laws and very very filial children. There is so much harmony in the family.

The kids place their family NO. 1. Come home early, have meals with family. When they grow big they take care of the parents and help in whatever way they can in and around the house.

I thot these are only in shows. But I really do come across this type of family but sad to say only one.

My aunty in Singapore. She has 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. All the children are married and have 2 kids each except the youngest who married late and only one (at the moment). All except the youngest one who is married and migrated to Hong Kong, comes home for dinner everyday. They all have a maid each and drop them mom's place every morning (Mon - Fri). Every weekend they will take turns or plan together to take the parents out for dinner. Every few months the children will plan a holiday for the parents. When they come home they sit in the hall watch tv and chat. Mom is fair to daughters, son and all the in-laws. Whatever she cooks/buy - everybody gets a fair share.

Close to perfect eh?????

But nowadays, if our children are not involve in drugs or crimes - we can thank God already. Agree parents????? Some might think - "I've enough of kids".

Exactly what my aunty said. But I told her, just wait. Wait till you hold the baby then you tell me. When she came back for a short holiday, she made so many calls home to check on her food, sleep and whether she has done her biz (pang sai). YA IMAGINE. She even worrys about whether she shit or not.

Isn't that nice to have such a family atmosphere???? Good for the parents and the children. Can see your children/grand children everyday and for the children, have someone trustworthy to keep an eye on their kids and come home to warm home cook food.

A dream - for me at the moment.

14 comments:

pearly said...

hi sexy yee :
don't worry you kids also good kids , there will be the same too . don't you forget another family also like this ....your no 3 sister too her family also very closed to each other . I hope and dream my kids will treat me like this but one thing for sure I don't want to look after thier kids day in and day out there can come to have diner on weekend but looking after grandkids for them I think is NO WAY cos there should go throught wat I go throught without help ahahhhaah. bet you not agree with me this hahhaha.
have a nice day miss you and love you always ,

laundryamah said...

ya lor...no need to have too high hopes lei skali disappointed lagi teruk hor...

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. kekeke

Wennn said...

Happy Mummy's day.. No worry Wennn very kwai one.. Come come U stay with me I cook U dinner!!! U cook me lunch okie???

Chen said...

Happy Mother's day. :)

backStreetGluttons said...

the other time Wennn was in sunway pyramid V were told you were resting somewhere else. So hi and our wishes for all the best to you & ( of course ) your blog too !

Wennn said...

Mummy, Happy Mummy's Day... Come to my blog faster..

janice said...

Happy Mummy's Day !! love you..

Penny said...

TQ to all for the Mother's day wishes. Hope you all had a nice day too.

Penny said...

Pearly - when the time comes u will change yr mind.

L/mah: Yes, u r soooo right. the higher one hope the harder one falls.

Ace: TQ. I spend the whole Mother's day with my kids making nonya chang. What about u??


Wen/Jan: TQ - Hope yr mom cud see what u have put up in yr blog. Surely she'd be happier than I am.

Chen: Welcome to my blog. TQ.

Team bsg: Hi! nice of u to drop by. Yes! I was taking things easy after an operation when u all met up with Wenn, otherwise I might have join u all. Will do that another time.

Meanwhile all of u take care.

L B said...

Oops, I am late! I am so late!! I am very late! But Happy Mother's Day to you, Penny!

Wennn said...

HAhahah Mi I see my Kai Kor LB also come liao....

Penny said...

Hi! LB, no worry, any good/well wish is welcome anyday, anytime, anywhere. TQ.

eve said...

err...me just back from Langkawi..oredi drop by to say hi liao...kuai anot?..dun worry la..ur kids all..see outside tough oni , but soft inside one...they lap u...