Monday, April 23, 2007

Nick Names

This incident goes way back almost 40 years ago. My mom use to go for mahjongg at this uncles's place who has a shop that collects rubber sheets from the small rubber estate holders. He has a few sons and I remembered well that one of them is called 'Tai How' (big mouth) cos his mouth was bigger than others. Then there is one who has a big patch of eye brow called 'Or Bai ' (black eyebrow). This is just to give you a few examples.
About four shops away there is another shop owner who is called ' Mo Tuen Tuen ' (suddenly).......God help me, I don't not know who name him like that or why.
Anyway the story is:- one day Tai How was reading the newspaper and reading out loud to Or Bai, aiyoh don't know why this guy mo tuen tuen go and burn the house down and kill 2 people. Then Or Bai's reaction was:- HUH!! why Mo Tuen Tuen go and burn people's hse????? And Tai How replied:- " don't know why he mo tuen tuen go and burn the house".
Did you get the joke???? Obviously after a couple of minutes of who, when, why..... the matter was clarified.
Don't know why some people mo tuen tuen nick name 'Mo Tuen Tuen"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily you didn't name your son shawn "mo tuen tuen". Muahahahaha!!

Penny said...

Of course not after going thru such incident, Ace........... So u'd better be careful when u name your juniors.

laundryamah said...

why so mo tuen tuen write about mo tuen tuen one...but but hor...make me laugh lor...hahahahaa..

Penny said...

Just bringing back memories. And have a good laugh.

pearly said...

hhahha is a gud one . I can't stop laughing . I do remeber thaem hahah .I can see you are felling much more better now can make such a gud joke .

5xmom.com said...

Wait, am I right Penny is my e-kai-mui's real Ah Mi? Wuah...coool wor, mother and daughter also blog.

Penny said...

Hi Pearly,
Yes I am feeling much much better now, tq.
Have a lot of free time now so trying to bring back some fond memories. I am sure there are some more....wait arrrrr!!! I am still knocking on my memory doors.

Penny said...

Yes 5xmom, I am THAT MI. Welcome to share some of my jokes. Some can be real silly ones. Hope no one is offended along the line.