Monday, April 16, 2007

First quarter of the 2007

My! My! My! So many happenings in just the first quarter of the new year for me. Well, first I was retrenched by the company with whom I have worked for 9 solid years. Sad but it is ok otherwise I would not realise that there are other companies out there who still wants senior/matured people like us to manage an office. Yes, I went for an interview and got the job with a higher pay but then I have to reject it when they wanted me to start immediately which I have a good reason to.

Then I had a goooooood surprise when Wen conspire with all my kids and gave me a surprise birthday dinner. Oh yes it is great and thank God my heart could take it. Honestly I was feeling kind of upset cos we choose the wrong spot for the dinner. We invited my brother, a friend and families and the place was sooooooooooooooo crowded and we were so late. I was so worried that my brother and that friend would be hungry and as the saying goes, a hungry man is an angry man. Anyway. when Wen and Jon came, all went well cos, those two I mentioned... no food , no problem, got drinks - solved all problems. kekekekekkeke!!!!!!

And I am happy to meet up with some of the bloggers. Met Shasha (n baby), Laundry Ah Mah, Ace, Kenny, Winnz and Nonya (2xs). Honestly, first I felt kind of out of place cos all them are so young. But later, it ease off. Hope able to Karaoke with you sometime. Sorry I missed the one with Wen. Heard that you all like to joget a bit eh!!!! Well I can sing some songs with fast tempo.

Then I had to do a surgery - to remove a fibroid. It was not that big, just as big as a fuji apple only. Joke was, when the Doc brought it in, my husband was looking around it and asked where is the fibroid and the doc told him, "the whole thing is the fibroid"............. yak!!!!! it was horrible. After the surgery, I am suppose to take 6 weeks rest that is why I rejected the offer. It was like having another baby. Same cut where I had my son, Shawn. Tks to Eve who keeps on advising me to have it OUT. No regrets.

Then I have another surprise when a niece who finally told me some dark secrets which she has known and really making a fool out of us. Anyway, everybody has their own lives to live and only they themselves can make the choice. So be it.

Then I have the sad news from a close cousin whose 7 years of friendship/partnership turns sour and she has to rent a room to stay on her own. This is scary. 7 years is a long long time. How could the friendship just disappear like that........hmmmmm I wonder what went so wrong. OR was the friendship ever there in the first place?? Debatable eh?????

And then just 2 weeks ago, a relative's house was broken into. Did not have much time to ransack the whole house but manage to get the car spare keys and the bank statements. Seem they came back 3 days later to try to steal the car. Luckily the husband's car was blocking hers so they could not remove it. AND NOW, they have phobia staying there. Is there a safe place anymore??

Here we go for the first quarter.

5 comments:

Wennn said...

Hi Mi.... Glad to see tat U r bek to blogger land... eheheh warm welcome back...

Anonymous said...

Fuiyoh!!! Mommy Penny blog!! Wonderful..I like it. Mommy can tell us some of your veteran jokes anot?

Penny said...

Hi! Wen, Tks. I guess I'd better do something otherwise brain will 'fat mo'. I have oso started cooking. After that ---- wah! felt so tired. Still cannot stand for a long time. But I will have to try and try to gain back my energy. Nothing is the same for me anymore. But I will still try. Hope your work goes well and your hard work rewarded by the end of the day. so much for now take care and regards to Jon. Lv u.

Penny said...

Hi! Ace,
Welcome to my blog. I will try but first let me gather all my brain cells working, ya? Catch up soon.

Wennn said...

Mummy U will get back all the energy very soon lor... I still waiting for U to come over ma.... As fro work being rewarded??? Hmmmm sucks big time la... Jon send his regards too... Love U loadsss