Thursday, February 26, 2009

Working again.

I was recommended to work as a transcriptionist in a 'HOSPITAL'. First of all the word trans.................................... is so long, already scare me and what more in a hospital. My friend was very convincing and assuring me that it is not what it looks like. I just had to type the reports done by the doctors on the X-rays.

So I went for an interview. I was tested on typing speed which was ok ok but when it comes to spelling, out of the 70 + words, I could not spell about 15 - 20. SHAME. I got the job anyway but, NOT becos I pass the test well but because they needed some matured people and urgently.

On my first day at work, I was put at the station with the most scary doctor who has a very hot temper. After some observation, he wasn't that bad to me. He flares up cos he knows his job very well and can't take stupid mistakes made twice on the same issue. I am not worried about working with him but I am very worried about the spelling of the medical terms. So many long and boombastic words like:- hydronephrosis, neolasic, ascites, cannulated, duodenum, intrahepatic and many many more. So alien to a layman like me. Sigh!!!!!!!!!

I manage to learn to sort out the films and report fast and I am pretty happy that at least I have started working and not sitting and doing nothing but worrying.

Well, I am only one week old there....................let's see how it goes. Praying very hard to cope up with the job.

But sad to conclude that I caught the flu from the new colleague who went to work with me on the same day. And each time I get sick, it takes ages to get well.........

I got a very good surprise again tho. My little sweetheart came back for a short visit but sad she does not reconize me anymore.And probably when she does, it is time to go home again. But it is good to hold her again.

2 comments:

pearly said...

glad to know you back to work at less it keep you fit and busy :)
take it easy OK .have a lovely time with Little Beatrix xxxxx

Penny said...

Hi Pearly,
Tks.
It is no joke working as a runner now. I have to walk for almost 6 hours a day. Well, consider it an exercise for me lor as I am really lethargic nowadays. I will soon be posted to type the cardiac report. Hope able to tell you more next time. Take care and love to all at home.