Monday, July 28, 2008

Visit to the Orchard/Farm

Been here in London for 2 months and went twice to my favourite spot - the Orchard/Farm. It is my fourth visit. My first two visits were the most memorable ones.

First trip - about 5 -6 of us, we took a train there. I picked a lot of strawberries, blueberries and a little of raspberries and one apple (cos not in season). Walked around the farm joking and had so much fun and found many other vegetables like potatoes, carrots, huge bourgettes, cauliflowers, cabbage and brocolli. I was the oldest there but the most childish when it comes to picking fruits. They keep calling out 'Aunty Penny look here - taking photos' I just told them.you all go ahead, I am very busy..... hahahahaha!!!! Then comes the highlight of the day. We looked, searched and asked everyone/everywhere and OMG there was no toilet. The only toilet available is the one at the shops before you come into the farm. We were somewhere in the middle of the farm. So the boys went behind the raspberries plants, and the younger ladies says they are fine and me......oh gosh I need a pee. Looking around frantically, arrrhhhh! I saw a huge pile of twigs. So I told Wendy, I am going to pee behind the pile of twigs, you 'watch water' for me.
As you know, when you have waited for a long time, it takes you ages to finish doing it. Still at it for a couple of seconds cos it went like long and short then long and short................ still at it WHEN I HEARD THE SOUND OF A TRACTOR COMING THIS WAY. Oh! no, not coming to collect this pile. I wanted to pull up my pants but cannot it has not finish yet and not like tap can turn off......... just didn't know what to do but pray lor. Thank GOD, they did not come for the twigs. After this incident, I never dare to keep my pee for long long time and never dare to do it in the open.

Second trip - Wendy hired a car and five of us ladies only drove there. We ate a lot of strawberries, corn and sugar plums. Was so fasinated cos we had to squat down to pick the sugar plums cos they were all at the tree trunks orhanging down from the branches. We actually had to crawl under the tree to reach those fruits. It was so beautiful and amazing and that is one of the reasons why I keep yearning to come back to london for visit.

The farm closes at six, the crazy ladies decided to drive 2 hours to Brighton for a bowl of curry noodles. By the time we reached home it was almost 2am.

One thing good was for the first 2 trips, we started he journey very early so it was not so hot and we get to spend more time looking around for other fruits and vegetables.

Besides coming to see the little sweetheart and taking care of Wendy during her confinement, I wanted very much to pick cherries. I was still not well by May so I prayed very hard and took all kinds of medications to get well and fit for the journey. I was still a little breathless but I dare not complain cos when and if I do, my family will not let me come as I was travelling alone on the long flight. Praise the LORD, I made it.

Unfortunately this time around, I find it totally different. No more umph!!!!!! Ok, perhaps it is just me. Like my daughter said, everything is just me, me and me. Perhaps I am just over reacting/sensitive whatever. First of all this time we went with different groups. Secondly, Wendy must have gone a hundred times thus lost interest and moreover there is BB to feed and sleep and so on. And thirdly, we went there so late.


This time, the first trip went with Wendy, BB, Wendy's sister in law and son, the weather threatens to rain, so BB and Wen had to stay in the car. Only manage to pick some strawberries and raspberries. Cherries is only available two weeks later. We were in the farm probably for about an hour then went to the shops for another half hour.

Second trip went with Wendy, Jon and BB too. It was so hot Wen and BB had to stay in the car with the air con on. Spend less than 1 hour there. Only harvested 3 cauliflowers, some sweet peas and 2 miseerable potatoes. Cherries were not available anymore. SSSSSSSSsssssoooooooooooooo disappointed.

The only cheeries I get to pick was the few that Pearly purposely left for me from her cherry tree and the ones I stole from a neighbour. According to Pearly, well at least you have picked some. Hahahahaha!! Good thots Tks Pearly.

Nevertheless, I must say thank you to Wendy and Jon for the time and effort. Thanks.


5 comments:

mistipurple said...

the pee incident had me laughing. ya ya it's like that. last time i keep long long for some hospital dunno wat examination must drink lots of water cannot pee. also like this. finally can go loo, cannot pee. pengsan kaw kaw. so paiseh. outside loo people waiting and i so high tide cannot pee. hahaaha

Lee said...

Hi Penny, my car, infact all the cars I owned I keep a big plastic ice cream container, toilet paper as well a small bucket, a toy one...these for those emergencies as you mentioned.

We have very long highways here and if there's a bad traffic accident, road is blocked by cops, no chance to get away into another road, no rubber estate or bushes or forest to run to...if need to pee, then go to the rear seat area and do it, ha ha.
As my car is a Lincoln, 18 feet long, lots of space, ha ha.

I carry all kinds of emergency stuff in my car, strictly from my working days in Malaysia....
see my posting two weeks ago, "My hilarious experiences with women", d/ 7/9/08.
Never can tell when we'll need these.
But I sure made lots of friends this way....got to be practical, you know, ha ha.

I can imagine you enjoying yourself plucking those fruits etc...have fun, Penny, Lee.

Penny said...

Dear MP,

I am glad u have been thru, I mean, at least u know what I am talking about. Can u imagine if the tractor were to come and clear that pile of twigs???? Aiya, that time don't where to hide my face some more not wearing skirt. Joke eh???

Penny said...

Dear UL,

My car is also considered well equiped with toilet roll to a back scratcher. But then plastic container - tak ada cos ada jam put tak boleh pee la. I am a woman la. U r a man, easier, kan???

BTW hor, 18 feet Lincoln...so spacious can do tango ke?? hehehe!!!!
Just teasing.

Have a blessed day.

Lee said...

Hi Penny, that emprt ice container is big enough for a woman...it is for a woman or girl.
We men can hide behind the doors....but it can be done, *wink*.
Hey...if a smaller car...push the front passenger seat forward completely....then you have the space to execute your ahemm, business.

I know of two ladies here had to pee in their cars on their seats wetting their jeans or dress as got stuck in a bad highway jam three hours.
They now carry ice cream box containers...the big ones, ha ha. Lee.