Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So funny!!

Had an invitation from an ex colleague for his son's wedding at the Palace of the Golden Horses. So decided to go with my friend Poly and then stay over at her place.
Both of us have not been to that Hotel but manage to after we missed the junction and reversed a short way back. To avoid the jam at the race course junction, we were the earliest guests. Poly was very hungry, so we scout around for some food but at 6.30pm none was found around the hotel. So both of us had two full glasses of drinks and ate up most of the tibbits they served. Then the minute we were allowed to enter the ballroom, she ate her share of cake as well. That shows how hungry she was.
Then came all the ex-colleagues - that is Poly's ex. I join in after all of them left if not we were working at different locations. So there were lost of catching up for all of them and yes there were nice to include me in their conversation.
So the dinner went well with all the slides and the cake cutting, wine pouring, toasting and our friend dedicated a song to his son and new bride.
Going home from the hotel is no problem BUT as soon as we reach the junction of Bandar Tun Razak, for reasons unknown, there was a crazy jam. The whole area was jammed up with triple parking of cars on both sides of the road. Poly said she has never encounter this before. So it was lucky me.
It took us about 35 - 45 mins to reach her flat from the junction and guess what???????? There was black out. It NEVER happened before in her 3 years stay there. So it must be me again lor. Climbing up to her second floor was not problem cos a nice gentleman has placed a candle on the stairway. I told Poly, earlier that I will take 1/2 a sleeping tablet so that I can sleep better but now looks like I have to take the whole tablet. Then she said........'U remember to breath arh!!' (After talking about Freddy, she is worried that I will just go too).
I slept on the floor in the hall and Poly joined me. We chatted and Poly started snoring ( and I thot I am the one who took the sleeping aid). Thank God the current came back at about 1.30am and we both went back into the room to the comfortable bed and air-con. In spite of the sleeping aid, I did not have a good sleep cos of the new enviroment. I got up around 10.00am. Had my shower and started packing my things when Poly jumped out of bed and she got a shocked when she saw that it was 11.30am. So I told her, I took the sleeping aid and YOU got the effect.
Went for breakfast at Sri Petaling then to Tong Kee to pack some tarts and so on. Then took Poly for a hair trim. Then for dinner and send her home.

6 comments:

pearly said...

wow wat a day and night for the 2 of you xxxxx

Penny said...

oh yes, she always enjoy my company and i always make her have hearty laughs. But all in all she is the best person I've ever met. Always positive in all she does.
Oh! by the way, I had a cheast x-ray today and found that I have a swollen heart. That explains why I had swollen legs on sunday and my breathlessness. Going to check with my cardiac doc soon after the raya.
I saw yr post with Mimi and Daddy and Jennifer. Must visit them the next time I come over. That is....IF.............

Take care and byr for now.

pearly said...

you take it easy ...please we love you . rest more no run here and there ok .
mimim and daddyand chee is fine there so happy to see the kids and spose them so much each one got 70 euro to go shopping in holland , kids so happy to know then too .
dadddy say to them there all are the close family he had .. make me tear x

janice said...

haiya.. mummy ..u must take good care orh....

Lee said...

Hi Penny, you retired from blogging? Very quiet here now.
Thanks for dropping over, you keep well, Lee.

Penny said...

Hi again UL,
Was trying to post a comment in yr blog but was refused a couple of times. Wonder if it went thru but nvmd just wanted to say that u are great and that i would be writing someting soon and hope that u could give some advise.
Bye for now, take care.