Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain

Went to The Big Apple (New York) for 2 weeks to visit my godson Jason and family. Not very familiar with the parents. Just had a few dinners with them for the past few years. The whole family are very hospitable. Will elaborate more in my next post. Must tell this joke before I forget.

Jason's parents took me for a trip by bus to Chicago. It wud have been a very long and boring trip if he did not sit next to me and tell me jokes. And this is one of them.

He told me when he first came to the states about 20 years ago, he went to china town and it was raining. He heard a chinese woman shouting - 'Ti Li Ta La' - Ti LiTa La'. He thought that she was shouting to everyone that it is raining but as he approach nearer to her, he noticed that she had a lot of umbrellas with her and still shouting 'Ti Li Ta La' - Ti Li Ta La'. He stood there for a while and still wondering why she is shouting those words. AND found out later when someone went to buy am unbrella and paid the woman - THREE DOLLARS.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

hahahah. really sounds like the pasar malam here too.

Penny said...

Hi MP,

I did not get the chance to go to the pasar malam over there but i guess they are all the same. But the china town is huge. like a township itself. Went there a couple of times but never seem to be able to go round the whole place.

After the trip, so tired and lazy and worst with a panful leg.

Catch up with u later. Cheers.